Writing on writing

Sunday, January 09, 2005

And I did it

Over five pages in fact, good pages too, and if I'm not inclined to do my homework today I may do more. The new key board and Beetovan were inspiring. I was writing about Fraser and Laleena having lunch and was going to skip to their (well really his) suspiciouns about the inn guest when suddenly I have them in this emotionaly conversation about heroism and love and eachothers relationship and I'm sitting there going "wow I didn't know they needed to discuss this. Well I hope it does more then serve as foreshadowing." It was really quite good. My only problem last night was getting into character. I know odd, why does a writer need to get into character. Because if we don't we play them incorrectly to the page and people get confused, Laleena well she didn't feel right. Too much of a Celeste vibe, but I'll let Beth choose, we can be a little too choosy when it comes to our writing. "oh this isn't great." or "I don't think I like it" or "Meh she just wasn't herself" or "wheres' the motivation?" It's quite a visious cricle I think we sometimes forget that the two of us are creating art, not a 400 something page report on the goings on of characters in a fictional world. Art that we need to embrace and love for what comes from our minds and is the proverbial paint to our canvas. Fabulous really.

So if you read this before you write today bethie, don't think too hard, that's how we end up with Cndars. I haven't written that word in awhile so I appologise if it's spelt wrong. Remember to let your fingers do the work they rarly let u s down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home