Writing on writing

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Meet the cast

Well as Susie has made the first step to introduce characters, I'll do a brief intro for some of the mains. Laleena - Protagonist, not too bright, younger Princess of Ishalia. Taryne - Antagonist, also not a genius, elder Princess of Ishalia. Fraser - Sailor, love of Laleena. Darsby - Bumbling lordling, ends up married to Taryne. Dierdre - Albino talking squirell, Taryne's pet. Susie mentioned Celeste below. Regular readers of this blog will inevitably become much more intimate with these characters as we discuss their actions. For now, that should do. We should also mention something of our writing style, as in how we are co-authors and are thus sharing the work, but that can come later.

Suse is almost done with her Fraser bit. It became, somehow, a partial Celeste part as well. I do not think that any Taryne has inched into her work. Taryne hasn't been written yet in our mega chapter thing we're tackling now. We can't exactly ignore her for up to fifty pages. I'm thinking I'm ready to give her a go. The major problem is there isn't anything that she has to be doing right now. At least nothing was happening with her in the origonal manuscript. I've got enought of an idea what to write so as to get me started and I must rely on my fingers from there. If I can squeese 5-10 pages out of her, I'll be happy. I'll double check with Susie before I start, but I do think that Taryne will be my next little project. We may have to collaborate or something on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home