Writing on writing

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Progress, at last

3 1/2 pages.

It doesn't sound like much, but right now it feels like alot. I was mostly showing castle life. Party planning for the big banquet. Susie mentioned dressing Taryne which I had thought of, but now while I was writing. I'm gonna go back in and insert that. There was a scene with Taryne under a rowan tree. I wasn't expecting to write it, it just happened. It was very brief. A metaphysical visit from mommy above - Laleena got one, and in the spirit of the ending, it's only fair Taryne gets one too. T's is more ambiguos, only the sharp reader will figure out it's mommy-o, others will think it is a sign from the gods or something. Essentially it is the same thing, so its all good.

I then jumped ahead and did a post Laleena and co. return to the castle. It is Fiona recieving a pan pipe made from the rib bones of a small child, and the music to "Mortality's Requiem" the song she plays to make Laleena go loco. T also explains how Kingie's gonna die. There are a series of scenes that need to be written before this one, I didn't plan to write it now, it just came. Blame the muse.

All in all it went ok. I feel like I should have accomplished more than I did. I'm not sure how long I was writing 'cause I don't pay attention to things like a clock when I write, but I think it was a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home