Writing on writing

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Definitely have to post here!

You see I finished the first book manuscript #2 last night. It was... It was a struggle, I ended up not getting to sleep till 5am.

Ok I wasn't writing that whole time, I wrote from about 1:30am to 3:15, then I read the 17 page document, and by the time I was ready for bed it was something after 4... it then took me some time to fall asleep.

It's done. How much did I write last night... about five pages, four pages. I got my scenes in, and I do believe it is now superior to the previous (as can be said about all the rewrites). There are SO MANY punctuation mistakes though. I couldn't fix them all last night, but in order for proper inflection and all that good stuff to come through... *sighs* I'm going to have to make a run through... Just not now is all.

It's done. It's done. It's done... That's like 8-9 pages, two days... not over much in all truth but think about it... For a girl that was stuck, it's enough.

I wrote the end to Slipknot. Now bethie do not shudder, it was very appropriate and I skipped over most of the screamy songs. "Prelude 3.0" was very appropriate for what I was doing, as were some of the others. They discuss possestion and in prelude 3.0 one of the main lyrics is "and now it's over" there are other ones too... basically the intensity was required.

I wanted to listen to Nelly Furtado "Folklore" but couldn't because the piece wanted Slipknot. It was most frustrating.

Now I can hope that Allie forgets our arrangment to hang out today, because I feel that I would be no fun, and really all I wanna do is laze around and rest my eyes.

Maybe read... though that is not resting my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home