Writing on writing

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Plot Shmlot

I don't have a lot of plot happening in mine. This doesn't particulary bother me... there's lots of character stuff. It is becoming pretty sappy. After talking to Susie (I'm so glad we finally were able to do that by the way, it really cleared my head,) I decided I really needed to come up with a funny scene. Something to induce a laugh rather than an "awww". So I introduced Jeff, Liam's friend who I'd mentioned before, and made one of those "nice but not too bright" guys. He was amusing. I ended the part I just wrote on a happy "awww" and when I get back in there after a break, I'm gonna write a sad type "awww".

I hit thirty too! Thirty, plus the scene I'm pushing up to later in the novel. So in total I have like thirty two pages written, and lots of the stuff I just did was more exposition than I'd had in a while. I'm starting to get tired though, so I don't know how much more I'll get in tonight. I'm not done quite yet though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home