Writing on writing

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Yay us!

Well I only "edited" the first half or so of mine. Caught a couple 'he's that should have been 'she's, and 'the's that meant the be 'they's and the like. Oh and once I just missed the word head "Her was resting on his shoulder." Yupp, good sentence Beth.

There is a definate tone switch about halfway through mine. It goes from sappy/sad to deep. I'm talking the great pattern that outlines all that there is in life. I really liked writing the end though. I'm glad I made the switch, otherwise the end would have gotten tedious, I just hope it isn't too violent a switch.

On of my favourite characters ended up being Siter Catherine, a young Sister... I really liked writing them. What were some of the terms I used to describe them? Rogue nuns, Amazon nuns, "crazy mystic people," yeah there were some fun ones. One of my favourite lines was in reference to Sister Catherine, it's one of those ones that for some reason the author really loves and everyone else thinks is just kinda nice.

" 'You make a terrible nun,' he said, pouting."

I think it's because when I wrote it I totally saw him and heard him saying it. I cracked up laughing.

I am definately excited to read Susans.

~ Note the disgusting time by the way. Eew.... what was I thinking looking forward to University??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home