Writing on writing

Monday, October 31, 2005

Good stuff

Ooh Susie's all motivated and stuff. Or she will be soon... or something...

I did something last night too. I wasn't done my Utopia reading, I hadn't started on any of the four essays assigned to me now. I hadn't studied for the philosophy test I have this week, and there's no way I'd actually dopne my Canadian Society reading.

But I pulled out the "Edit-Me!" binder. That's what it is. It sits there, on my bedroom floor, and looks at me with it's pathetic little eyes (Or it would if it had eyes) and pleads with me to take some time to address it.

I had edited a whopping... five pages. But recall before that I'd done more, but it was on the wrong manuscript. Last night, I did another five and a half pages. Not a huge amount, but it did more than double where I had been. And these ten or so pages are 1.5 spaced -- starting chapter 3 they'll be double spaced (...issues with printing) so seeing as I'm now on chapter two, I really only have to get through one more little chapter, then pages will happen faster. And I'm still referring to the contest entry. After these first chapters that too will be n/a.

So I did stuff. And (Lo and behold) I enjoyed doing it. I knew I would, but like Suse, I always have too much to do, and I'd have to move stuff, and I don't have enough time right now to devote to it, and I'd rather sleep. Yadda yadda yadda.

Well last night I did it, and I thought it was so gosh darn fun (it really was... it sounds sarcastic I know, but it was fun) that I hope to do it again tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home