Writing on writing

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Got words

I am a happy writer. Well, I anticipate becoming a happy writer in the very near future, anyway. I figure a writer can't rightly be a happy writer unless said writer is actively engaged in the act of writing -- which I will be shortly.

I read the selection that Susan wrote, and I am happy with it. There were a couple of scenes of especially that got my all jollied up -- I could sense a little Carey influence, as well as the inclusion of some rather hard-core fantasy stuff. Some pretty killer characterization too.

She left me, quite literally, in the middle of a scene. I must say, it is an interesting tactic -- I cannot exactly say I don't know where to begin! I'm not going to write right now though... I'll take a little break. I have to digest an gather my thoughts. I am awfully excited though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home