Writing on writing

Sunday, June 11, 2006

OnARollAgain/Momentum

Today I grasped the momentum that was so quickly slipping from my fingers. I grasped and I wrote, I wrote just the right amount to keep me coming back for more either today or tomorrow, just the right amount... I hope. (4 pages)

The issue of the day is, how do I accomplish all that needs accomplishing without going too quickly? Honestly speeking I'm afraid of going to fast for the novel. When we split it into threes I sat there going "This is a splendid idea" but I knew that there would be set backs, such as the one I am facing right now. My issue with book two is making it a real book and not just a "part of" type of thing. I love the plots, I love where it's going, but I'm so afraid of cutting it off at an awkward point, or hurrying things up and making it too short. Perhaps I am fretting for no reason, view book 1: it is too long, though we are still editing. Perhaps book two will be too long, and will have to be edited down, but really I am still nervous. Are we too speedy? Is this plot moving too fast or have we simply managed "tension on every page" as Mr Rand, Malfy, and McDonald stressed was a necessity to the book? I await the answer to this and simply hope that my baby isn't being rushed, nor slowed down too far.

I'm sure to work through my issues, but until I do I am sure to be a tentative stepper.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home