Writing on writing

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Angels shall sing and Gods will rejoice

Naturally, that means I have picked up my metaphorical pen and paper and got to work.

We discussed it yesterday, and Susie goaded me into it today. So I wrote. Not much mind, only a page, but enough to get me started. I actually won't be able to do a lot more until I discuss with Susan what interesting forms of cruel punishment we can come up with. Taryne has basically gotten the story of the dissenting councilman Erland from her ladies and is now fuming. She'll fume a while longer, then she'll have to do something about it.

It feels nice to have put some vocabulary to use, to be conscious of syntax and diction. It is a wonderous release to be calculating imagry, metaphore and other devices constantly in the back of you mind, nearly unconsiously as you put your mind on the page.

Now that I've done it, Susie will. I'm fairly sure of this. Yay me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home