Writing on writing

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Taryne is progressing

I wrote another two pages last night. Yes folks, that brings this Taryne part up to four whole pages. I started at midnight which was kinda silly as I only had juice to last till about one. If I'd started earlier I likely could have gone longer. I find I'm really enjoying put the writing process down in words here. It helps me to articulate my writing goals and forces me to reflect on what I've just written. It is also a place where I can see Susan's reamblings and her mine, and this will help us make sure we stay on the same page. She hasn't posted for a while but she has written some Laleena.

So I'm four pages in and I still haven't introduced the major conflict that this part is leading up too. This is good. That means a) I'm not rushing through things and b) this part may have some length.

It should be known that writing Taryne is, for both of us, often quite an adventure. Stuff comes out that we don't plan and don't realize is happening until we're half way through writing it. So far she hasn't brought any surprises but I hope she does. Unconscious flow of words is often well written.

I don't know what time Suse is coming over today but it may mean I don't get much of a chance to write. Oh note the quote up top... Bethie figured out html. I am always so proud of me when that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home