Writing on writing

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Breakfast

I did it. I broke my writing fast. Last night produced two solid pages of Taryne. It felt so nice, so easy. I ended up completely home alone after Chelsea went to Pathfinders and my mom and dad were at monday night football. I was about to put in the hunchback of notre dame (I've been trying to watch it for a while) but I said nah, I'll go on Runescape. I get to Runescape and there was on one there. Okay, time to reconsider. Now that I was off the couch, a movie didn't seem as grand. So I wandered to my room, turned on the newly set up old computer, and started to write. Well edit, of course, but this is new material that was never in the origonal, so writing it is.

Before I wrote, I thought it would be wise to re-read what I'd already written for Taryne thus far. This was the most pleasant surprise of the evening. I found myself engaged in my own writing after setting in down only a month ago. It is really, quite well written. I have really improved my writing skill over the past couple years that this book has been developing. I was quite happy to see that what had been done was done well.

So how did last nights writing go? Fairly well. I introduced a new character (in mane only - we haven't met him yet) a Councilam Payton. The section isn't done yet so I can't really critique it yet, but I'm thinking good things so far.

I'm so happy to have finally written. Yes, it takes time out of my very busy grade 12 life, yes I probably have somehting "better" to do. Writing is like my yoga... pilates... personal zen garden. It does good things to my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home