Writing on writing

Monday, November 01, 2004

None too bad

Three pages, yay me. Three isn't phenomenal. It is, on a good run, about average, but I've olny been just getting into a writing groove again after the slog of beginning of school. Normally one is "Well I looked at it," about three is average and 6+ is really good for a day. So even though it wasn't a huge amount, seeing as my average has amounted to one page per session (And the sessions have been a couple days apart), three pates isn't too bad. In fact, it is a very good sign as we hope more is to come.

As for what I wrote, it didn't come out how I expected it to, and this section will be longer than I anticipated. It is the torturing of the little girl scene. Believe it or not, Taryne at least, behaves better in my fingers than my head. I wans't sure how she was going to rationalize what she was going do to, evidendly though, my fingers were more aware than I was. It works. It is slightly less violent (ie gory) than the origonal plan, but no less tragic, and I was able to have my fingers communicate to my brain (notice the brain doesn't get the credit? I haven't actually written it yet but I no know how to write it) how the girls hand will be chopped off. It wasn't exactly a necessity to the plot, but I thought it would be cool - sick I know.

I even came up with a tentative idea for the next book - and , this is the exciting part - wrote it down! It may or may not, like the majority of our pre-emptive brainstorms, come to pass, but it is an idea. Written down.

I've nothing else really to report regarding what I wrote. I only hope I am to continue at a decent and respectable rate. Poor Susie, (read below) she had issues with an almost forgotten about Lit test. At least she remembered before tommorow. That's about all for now. Tata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home