Writing on writing

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Edits

Are they a significant amount? Well not yet. But I'm getting there. I've done about 40 pages in the last two days. I'm at the start of chapter 6. These past days I've gotten from Laleena stealing a horse, to Taryne meeting Darsby after she sets fire to a city.

There have been some parts that are just bad. Others I've only been fixing grammar and stuff. Some common errors:

  • we hadn't yet learned of the "comma splice" and they're freakin' everywhere. Actually, commas are misused all over the place
  • we started lots of sentences with "And," "But," and "Of course,"
  • -things (not people's names) that should be capitalized almost never are -- ie "North," "Raven's Dock," "The World Beyond."
  • There has been some really awkward phrasing that's made me giggle.

On the bright side, I'm getting right into it. I'm confident that we've got an interesting story developing. It starts out a little slow maybe, but there's stuff happening.

I'm gonna keep going -- I'm not nearly ready to slow down yet. I am afraid of being accused of anti-socail tendancies though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home