Writing on writing

Saturday, January 07, 2006

*bows*

Book One's Part One's second draft's first edit is now complete. My god... when I word it like that (not only is it confusing) it shows just how much work we're yet to do -- and how much we've already done.

So I edited 40 pages today. I'm done the entire first half, which counted in at 203 pages, which means I edited about 175 pages over winter break.

That is SIGNIFICANT. Way more than significant, it's SIGNIFICANT -- which incidently is said louder, but with the same emphasis as significant.

And now, I would like to write. I've edited so many blinkin' pages, I kinda feel like I've forgotten how to write new ones. I know I'm not done done... I do have to get started on the second half. But first I'm gonna write. I donno, a chapter, two? Some amount of pages. And I have to buy a new binder.

So Susan, the first half is ready for you whenever. I'll bring it on Thursday for the meeting, but if you want it before then, you can come pick it up, or I could send Chelsea to school with it and have the two of you meet. And maybe trade a binder for a floppy?

But I'm done with writing endeavors for the day... I'm going to try to finish my book this weekend -- yeah, the one I've been reading like all break -- so it's done before I got back to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home