Writing on writing

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Put down the blue pen!

Reading was fun last night, though I must say, it was hard to resist the urge to place and replace commas, to change the occasional word, et cetera et cetera. Editing was still very much a habit, but I mostly refrained. I made a couple comments on the document, and left the rest to be recaught at edit time. 'Cause I'm so done with editing for the time being.

What I read, I'm pleased to report, was quite good. Of it all I thought the Taryne/Deirdre scene was the best written. It was well paced, with good dialogue, and accomplished something major for plot without having it seem forced.

The bit Susan was concerned about regarded some flashback type dialogue. I thought it sounded great, but that we should put the "No no no"'s and whatnot in italics -- just to avoid confusion. It almost looks like she's actually saying those things again. But it sounded awesome. Way to show turmoil girl!

The manly parts (lol she'll know exactly what I mean) were really good, but I somehow seemed to find them a bit fast paced. I don't know why. It was a pretty sizable part. I loved the dialogue between Balin and that guard dude. And the ceremony was neat too.

Of it all, the only part that's stuck reasonably close to the origonal manuscript is the Laleena bit. Some definately cool imagery there.

That's where I started. Yes, I did write last night. A whole three and a half pages. For the L-girl. I'm going to like this, methinks. Though I do want to talk to Susan about Taryne before I go too much farther.

~ Oh, and yeah, that's so why there are two of us. Especially for the first wee bit... up to chapter 11 or so, there are quite a few errors. I can't possibly imagine I caught them all. Lol, I can so imagine you sitting there: "How the hell did she not get that!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home