Writing on writing

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Seriously.

I was supposed to write tonight. I was all jazzed to get going, and totally motivated by the impending school -- it was totally set to happen.

Then my mom said she needed my help with something quick. Oh the fateful last words. I had to just help her "attach a document to an e-mail". Okay, no big: my mom's technologically inept, this should take no time. Well the "document" ended up being a form from her specialized tax progam that I absolutely hate dealing with. It took for freaking ever to figure out how to do. I ended up converting to PDF and yadda yadda. In the middle of this, she decides we have to try copy-and-paste to word. Lo and behold, her new laptop is decidedly Wordless. So we have to find the copy of our MS Word disc. Of course, we can't find it. Of course, she assumes it's in my room seeing as it was the last computer we'd have needed to put word on. Meanwhile, I ask her if she knows where the big black CD wallet is, and she says it was emptied into jewel cases and thrown out. I was pretty sure it was there. So I search my room as she panics and looks it up to find that Word is a $500 program (I neglect to mention what she paid for it the first time...). Finally we find it. In the big black CD wallet. Which was in the living room. Gah. Then I have to answer an e-mail that her client sent her. Her client is having a baby, and needs to know what to name it. My mom way didn't care, so I got to take that one. Then we needed to make a list for Office Depot tomorrow. My theory: she missed me 'cause I was out all day (at least for that last bit... she actually needed me for the first part, though it took waaaaay longer than she'd promised.)

So I didn't get to start reading Susan's pages until 3:00am. I just finished them. They're great, and I can't wait to write, but now I have to sleep.

*Growl*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home