Writing on writing

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Beth -- 13,132

Okay. It's about perspective, right? I'm only at 13,000 words. The chances I'm actually going to hit 20,000 today are looking pretty slim.

However. I have already matched my word count from yesterday, which was only about 6500. So everything from this point on is better than what I did yesterday. Which means improvement, right? And improvement is good.

I would really really like to be at least at 15,000 by now. That's the half way mark. But that's only 2000 words. I feel like I've been chasing 2-3000 words all day. If I could just magically inject that many I would be happily on schedule. But it doesn't work like that.

I need to take a typing break. I've reached the end of my outlined bit. I need the next part to happen interestingly. I could probably wing it and have it be boring. Time to channel all those stupid crime shows I've watched over the years with my mother. The good guys never figure it out in the library. It's got to be exciting.

I'm actively avoiding yesterday's mood by clinging to the brightside. I still wish it would bloody well stop raining!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home