Writing on writing

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Passing on Advice

I mentioned to Susan on the phone last night the really neat writer resources that fantasy writer Sara Douglass has composed for her website. I'm going to pass on some links to bits that seemed particularly nifty and novel. (ooh the pun).

I particularly enjoyed her guide to Fantasy Writing as it covers things that we've pretty well figured out on our own, but she goes into why, and some interesting things about what's "in" in fantasy right now.

I really only skimmed this one, but I may give it a better read later on: The Modern Epic Romance which talks a lot about why people like reading fantasy. There are some really insightful bits in there.

This Page is all about the business of writing and has a whole lotta links embedded in it for things about publishers, agents, general advice -- all sorts of stuff.

Again, most of the stuff I've posted here, Susan would already know, but it still might be neat to look at it. I thought also that she might want to share some of it with her writers club.

Well that's all for now -- I suppose I should go do homework so I can put this writing stuff to work ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home