Writing on writing

Monday, September 04, 2006

20,413 words

I'm a little more than 2000 words below my day's goal. I'm going to bed. I'm setting my alarm though; I will only sleep until 10:30. That's eight hours from now. It should be enough to revive me so that I can fly through the end.

I still plan on having about 30,000 words (though this one may come in a little under that) so I am two thirds of the way through, but I'm hoping for some time to edit tomorrow. I'd also like to be done a little early so I can go to bed at a reasonable hour for school. Like Susan, I have class at 8:30 on Tuesday.

My hair is really soft.

I am having more trouble with the writing this year than I was last year. It makes sense to me, and Susan warned me, but it's still a little un-fun -- the trouble, that is. Overall I'm having a blast. Okay, well I'm not too convinced of that at this precise moment, but I maintain that really I am, I just don't know it right now.

Oh, and one more thing: in the past few thousand words I've gotten really sick of my protagonist's name. Genera. Isn't that a dumb name? It is terribly, terribly clever, but it's kinda a dumb name. Oh well. Poor Genera. I'm sticking with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home