Writing on writing

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Beth -- 16,722

A random seeming number, perhaps, but a significant one.

This means I've written 10,000 words today. It's the daily goal. I didn't meet yesterday's goal, which is why my count isn't closer to 20,000.

But that means the rest of tonight is catching up. Closing the gap between where I am and where I should be. I don't think it's too important at this point that I actually make 20,000 tonight. I mean it would be nice, but I'm going to try to not be disappointed if I don't get there.

I should have another couple of hours left in me. I'm wildly jealous of Susan's word count and whatever it is she's doing right now. But for the rest of the night I'm catching up. I've done my 10,000. That's oddly comforting. Right now, after completely the 10,000, I think I deserve a short break. So I'm taking one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home