Writing on writing

Friday, November 26, 2004

Duel of the character name

But... Fantine? It is a lovely name. I really good name. But for a kid? And in Les Mis she is the factory worker who gets unjustly fired and needs to be a prostitute to pay for her daughter until she gets very ill, std I susupect, and dies, leaving her small daughter to the factory owner, valjean, who realizes how he wronged her. Fantine is Cosettes mother! It would be kinda like naming someone Ariel. There is a definate conflict of interest.

Though. Perhaps. I could. Get. Over. That. If I try really really hard. And you don't like Sabi? I thought that was an amazing name. Gagh.

In any case, I'm glad that you liked the plot ideas. I know, there are just so many possibilities, I was thinking about them all night. She wouldn't be much younger than Deszo in the next book. Well okay, not a lot younget than he appears. People think he's like 15. Whether or not he stays looking just that age we'll have to have long conversations about. Sabi/Fantine is like 10 when she "dies" she could be a match for someone Nenan's age. I thought her turning baddie would be where you'd lean.

I also like how Sabi looks. Luckily, both are easy to type. We've a Falan, a Faron, a Ferninand, Fiona... a few 'F' names. I can't come up with any 'S' names. I sure we have at least one, but I can't think of one. We'll discuss this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home