Writing on writing

Friday, July 01, 2005

2am

2Am and I'm still awake writing this song
If i get it all down on paper it's no lonmger inside of me threaten'
the life it belongs to.
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud
And I know that you'll use them however you want to.
Yes that about describes it. I mean there was a song heavily involved. It's 2 am, well twenty after, and I'm done that stupid banquet. But I must say, it's much better then before... actually, it's really good. I like it. Right now... but that shoudln't change. No it shouldn't. I have all the discussed elements and then some.

It was nuts, there were times when I was all, "I'll finish it tomorrow, but then the sense of creativity took over and I couldn't bring myself to shut down for the night. There were times where I looked and the page I had just started was suddenly finished. shocked I would go back and see that, no, it wasn't lying to me. Then I would continue. The part that really worried me, being fragmented, was not so bad. I kept it all to two POV's then removed one of the POV's, and added two different ones. So for the last bit I had three. It's not bad, and each POV serves and entirely different purpose, so that's good. It's not just random - oh and here's how it looks from this side of the room. Nothing gets replayed either, so it's still interesting.

I knew that if I didn't finish tonight it would be harder to do later, a part of me knew that and even as I ached for bed, I perservered, because... because I had to. This part was to be written as a whole and nothing less. Anything less would have never made sense.

I'm so glad/sad it's done. Paradoxical really. Now I give it to bethie and she reads all about it, then tells me all about the births, oh I gave them reasons for labour... well I gave Laleena one, we're just going with this whole pregnancy in tandem thing for Taryne.

Well as I've said, it's 2am. Time for a book, and time for bed.

God this thing feels like I've been writing it for forever... kind of have been. I feel like my monday marathon was forever ago, and I really wrote in many different times as well. Funny that.

Well Ciao. And good writing to those who read this (whether they exist or not).

P.S. The page count is almost exactly (or exactly) 25 pages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home