Writing on writing

Monday, September 04, 2006

Good Morning Blogger

This is a wake up post to re-teach my fingers how to type and my mind how to create sentences. There's no point posting a word count because I just woke up and haven't even opened the document yet.

Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, died yesterday day. I was so sad when I heard that. He was filming for some show and got stung by a sting ray in the heart. Yikes. When I heard that last night, a little bit of novel writing inspiration kinda leaked away... I think I have it back, but poor Steve! Not only was he entertaining as all heck, he was a great environmentalist.

I do not count it as a good sign that my wrists and fingers were stiff/sore when I woke up. I am realizing, writing this post, that no, indeed that is really not a good sign. Especially painful is reaching my pinky down to hit the SHIFT button for capitalization or certain punctuation. Oh. Dear.

I am almost certain that I will not achieve 30,000 words this year. Based on what I'm reading on the 3-day discussion board, this year is harder for most -- even vetrans who have easily made their goals in years past are having troubles this year. I wonder why that is. The again, it is sort of silly to judge all 400-ish entrants on the 10-ish that post regularly on the board. As Susan said yesterday, there is a certain comfort in talking to someone who is going through it. That comfort extends to reading their discussion board posts. They say some neat things in there.

Now I'm going to have a long serious conversation with my hands and get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home