Writing on writing

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Oh the Glee!

I got into the room filled with computers that resides in my new school and just about dropped my purse, tilted back my head and let out a deeply maniacle laugh "MWA HA HA HA HA!" I wanted to cackle "I have found the internet connection!"

This is for another blog though.

While I'm here I thought I'd catch ya'll up with my latest doings concerning the International Three Day Novel contest. Jesus lord all mighty is that a marathon or what? I always forget just how physically taxing it is. One wouldn't think that their legs, arms, shoulders, neck, and ass would all come out sore from such a thing, considering you aren't moving much, but then, one remembers that not moving hurts as much as moving too much and a revelation is had.

The first night of the contest I sat in front of my computer - which I had just hooked up - and, after figuring out how to do everything I needed to do without a mouse, started writing. I was about three hundred words in when I determined that the story I was writing wasn't the story that I was going to be sticking to.

When I had been meditating before hand I had been thinking about other stories, and they'd been screaming at me a lot louder, so I gave in and allowed myself to be consumed by the story of John and Emily (my fingers know how to type those words, they cramped just doing it once. I think that's a sign.) The premise was a paranormal romance with an edge of mystery. I enjoyed writing it.

To keep on track I found myself following a system of schedules. By four/five I should have at least twelve pages by six it should be fifteen. By the time I was ready for dinner I needed to have twenty (normally around 8/9) by the end of the night I'd have about thirty. I ended up only writing about twenty six or seven on the last night, but by the time I finished I was so tired that I forgave myself.

That's all I'm willing to get out on this blog, even writing about the damned event is making me weary - my eyes hate staring at this screen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home