Writing on writing

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Some oddness

Admittedly there was some oddness today.

I posted on what I thought was this blog space, but wasn't. As we all know I had some failed blogger attempts when I was still a rookie blogger and there are versions of Writingmyself peppering the bloggesphere. I'm sorry for that, but I accidentally posted in one of those today! How strange is that? I find it very odd - in fact I am down right spooked!

The blog itself was title "never say never," and was basically devoted to teasing Bethany and her lack of writerly thoughts.

I did of course add my sympathy to her lack of time for the whole actual writing thing but I did plead with her to try and give the thinking towards that act a valient effort. Just the thinking would make me a happy camper. Thinking leads to working, but the thinking must happen before the working, so lets get the ball rolling - stage one needs must start!

I've also been wondering of late if our stamps have come in the mail yet.

What, stamps in the mail you ask! Why yes mr blogger, stamps in the mail. Now that we are officially ready to get up and going in relation to the queery process we have a number of submission packages all ready to go, but we haven't the stamps! Darn yankee SASEs! It's awfully hard for a canuck to get herself represented, let me tell you what!

In other news: some out of novel writing shall be taking place in the near future - dear lord I need to read those excerpts from my local news paper's thriller contest! As well I'm getting good review on After Life, the book I wrote for three day. I haven't been able to finish Beth's tomb yet seeing as how I haven't been at a computer for long enough, but now that the urgency has somewhat been sucked out of computer time I think that the next time I baby sit I shall get a good portion of me reading done.

If only I could print it out I'd so be done. I've been consuming books lately, and I just know that I"m going to run out soon. There was a very tragic incident last night that had me losing a Margaret Atwood novel and having to replace it with a Robert Ludlem. I've nothing against Rob, it's just that his work is a three book commitment where as Maggie is only one (I was going to read Cat's Eye). I suppose I just set the book down somewhere last night and when I went to read I couldn't find it - so I had to search the house in the middle of the night - naked no less seeing as how I don't wear clothes to bed, and lord save me I still didn't find it! I should count myself lucky that I found something though. At least there is that. The book so far is very good, and it's got some good action writing, and I tried to read it when I was younger, but it went over my need or want to read, I think over my level too. Books which have letters that are very small and go all the way up to the top of the page were rather intimidating in grade nine.

Total digression.

The need to read is why I would so be done beth's three day if I had been able to print it out. There, done.

Aside from all that though, I thought I'd give this politely waiting blog a cursery October poke. It deserves that much seeing as how it hasn't been touched since september (though that was some touch fest!). I guess now's the time to be bidding you adiu. Ta ta mr bloggerpus!

I'm going now.

Now.

Yeah. Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home