Writing on writing

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Balance

I can understand the issues that Suse was having over there with book two -- we've said time and time again that book two is the dark book, mostly everything (especially now that we're rapidly approaching events that will pave the way for the climax) is rather dark. Beyond even that, these are important scenes, and not, you know, the "easy" stuff (ie witty dialogue, or palace prattle). But I'm glad she got a bit of book one done, because as I said before I fully support grand plans in the goals for that book over this break. It's hard to get a good handle on events happening characters when we're simultaneously creating events that could have bearing on who they become... it's not like we're plainly re-writing, we're totally re-crafting the plot, at least in certain areas.

In other news, I too wrote yesterday. This is getting rediculous. I did about 3.5 pages when I didn't want to read Henry V, and then yesterday, when I didn't want to write my Henry V essay, I wrote another four pages. Okay, so to be fair, I probably wouldn't have written any of my essay at 1:30 in the morning anyway, but I might have gone to bed earlier to wake up fresh in order to tackle my essay! I've still only got a page of the essay done, by the way. Sigh. I'm going to go work on that now.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger Erica Ridley said…

    Just a note to say hi, and I hope you're off somewhere being busy writing! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home