Writing on writing

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Old trappings

While blogger sorts itself out I'm going to try and write a post while hoping that it doesn't get deleted!

I've been writing the beginning pieces, and I really like some of the things that have been happening with them, but I am worrying about maybe having rushed the last few pages that I wrote. I'm getting them to the scene with Taryne's arrival on the page, and getting them to a point where Laleena can divulge who she really is. I want the tension to really be there for the two of them, and I'm just having some trouble writing this scene and not falling into the trappings of the first book! There was some great stuff from that book, to be certain, but I really feel as if I need take those elements and make them into what they were intended to be, something worthy of continued reading. I know that if we don't figure out who Laleena is SOON people will get pissed off, but I also know that if I don't do it in the right way it will be way what we were trying to avoid from the old book. SO here I am between a rock and a hard place: Wanting to keep the integrity of the first finished copy so as to be able to retain the ability to only have to tweak the rest of it instead of COMPLETELY rewriting again, and trying to get rid of the parts that made it nothing but an extended prologue.

Rock vs Hard Place.

I've gotten about four pages down, and done some editing to the first few I did. My other goal is to finish these up in time for beth to read and comment on them tonight so that we have something to discuss tomorrow at the gym.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home