Writing on writing

Monday, August 27, 2007

Quite Apt

Susan,
The only thing you can look forward to over the course of the day is change. You may be starting to feel a little apathetic at work so find yourself a new project to work on. You might even go to the extent of moving to a new department. You will do a much better job if you are enjoying yourself.
That was my horroscope today. It actually describes quite aptly what happened today in terms of work as I'm calling it at the moment. During vacation my true work is, of course, my writing. So I tried to get myself into Ishalia, I sat at this computer for a good long time and produced the scant side of a page of text. It gets us somewhere, but it will likely be modified in the future. Instead I switched several hours later and fleshed out a shorter piece I'd been thinking about for awhile. Barely and hour and a half later I've got five pages and something that I'm actually quite happy with. Go frigging figure eh?

I'm going to try again with Ishalia, I think I'm going to try and put aside an hour of Ishalia time every second day or so. It's not too much to ask if we ever want to finish that which is such a promising story.

The sum of the matter is as follows: I wrote today but only one sixth of the pages were on task.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home