Writing on writing

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fifth annual go at the 3 Day -- Day 1

Don't have a title yet. This piece makes me nervous, it's so easy to write because I've already lived most of it. It's like an expose.

start of day.
I dunno, it's hard, it's easy. I don't think I'll go through any devistating writer's block moments, but finding a plot... a point... is going to be difficult. Maybe I don't need one. Maybe this year any hopes of winning should just abandon ship right the fuck now. I think that's going to have to be the case. Whatever, it'll be for the best.

I'm going to write now. Because I have to, it's the only thing left to me that doesn't result in a blow. Irony.

11:25
I was going to get started around 9 today, but dad had to have a deep conversation with me.
So I'm well past a quarter of my day's word quota, which is GOOD. Very good. I've decided to take a real break at 1/3 done, 2/3s done, and finished... of course.

12:04
I hope that things keep writing at this steady pace. I'm tired, and ahead of schedule. I might have a nap.

1:58
Just about done a two hour break. Boy did I need that! I had a nap, which I didn't think I really needed until I hit the sheets EXHAUSTED. Headache mostly gone now, and I'm consuming last night's leftovers plus a mini beef curry bung. TASTY! The world looks pretty bright right now, I'm not righting in nearly the morose voice I was... I hope. Time to get started again.

2:50
Well, I'm at the half way point for my day's quota now. That's pretty dang good. Pretty damned good indeed. Material wise I'm fine, it's direction that's tricky... but I've wanted to write this stuff down for a long time, so it's not so bad. Not hard at least. At least, not in the way that getting it down is hard. Thinking about it is another thing.

3:23
I'm going to kill my neighbours. They're doing this stupid clicking thing. Spray painting or something. It's really obnoxious.

3:29 -- 58.8
It occures to me that I haven't been documenting my progress very well. I looked back at last years going. I'm doing way better time wise. Hopefully I'll get to spend time with the folks tonight then.

4:09 -- 67.5
My neighbour kids are stupid noisy. They'll have to die. I'm going to have my 2/3 break now. It will not last nearly as long as the 1/3 through break. Oi vey! I need some consideration time anyways. Only 3300 words left to write today. Piddly.

5:13 -- 71
Yeah I'm doing pretty well. My eyes are just not cool with staring at a screen though. I'm really going to have to get some sleep tonight. I've already got dinner planned and I'm conserving my Chinese pasteries quite wisely if you ask me. I wish we had better tea around here... I'll try that mandarin stuff when I'm not busy writing. Wouldn't want it to distrupt the flow. Oh, and guess what, we have grapes! I'm very excited. They've proven useful in the past. I had no idea they were even here.

7:01 -- 95%
I'm going to finish up that last 5% and then take the rest of the evening for myself, and my wrists... my poor wrists. But hey, WAY ahead of schedule or what?

7:26 -- 100.6%
I'm pretty proud of myself. I don't know where this story is going, or if it's even a story, I hope to get that all settled eventually. Tonight, I ice down my wrists. I wish my parents liked my lover better. I'd get him to come over and have a little fun before I settled down. That's the unfortunate thing about the 3Day, lots of people to see and talk to, and you can't see or talk to any of them.

This is writing well, because I have so much to write about. But, it needs shifting and movement and a purpose. I feel it lacks purpose but has plenty of material. Erg. How frustrating.

Zokutou word meter
10,064 / 10,000
(100.6%)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home