Writing on writing

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fifth annual go at the 3 Day -- Day 2

9:35, 10 066 words

I've had a shower, I've had food, I'm ready to go, and yet the reluctance is here. Day two is always a bitch. You just finished a whole day of this, and you know you have one more day of it to go. It's a little disheartening sometimes. I'll get over it. It'll just be typical day 2 "I dun wanna"s. Eeeerg. Chinese pastries and other starches in abundance have made tummy go ICK. I've found grapes in my fridge. I'm all over that news. Green is good.

11:14 13%

Ok, so I didn't get started till about ten actually, or so... I got distracted by things like... well things. It won't happen anymore. Seriously.

12:18 26.3%

So I'm doing pretty well. Trucking along. I think I'm going to break my breaks up by quarters this time, especially since I don't plan on a two hour break in the middle of things. Yup, sounds good. Short break though. Beef curry bun ahoy!

1:26 35.5%

Sigh, I really want to hit my next break. That'll be the ultimate half way point you know. 15000 words. That'll feel good and not good. Though it does mean downhill from here right? The big struggle is past? I don't know what's keeping people reading this story. It's cleverly strung together anecdotes. I put a forward before the title to see if that might change things a bit and it does give it purpose. But I'm still concerned. I know that I've abandoned all hope of winning with this one. I thought it could be a winner, but I'm lacking story, I'm laking movement with the exception of some interesting connections. It's a little like a game of word ball though.

It's doing me good to write this one. It's helping me suss and order some things around and about. I think some of the actual writing is pretty good, and it'll help me with the larger project over all. I can't wait to be 50% done. my next break is gunna be sweeeeet.

2:52 58.6%

I have to take a small break after that. That was just too hard. OK, not too hard but certainly emotional. Chinese pastries and a good does of Laurell K Hamilton should fix this.

3:42 61%

Dear god, my wrists, dear god.

4:04 68%

I am ahead of yesterday by a very little bit. How nice, I didn't even get a 1000 word lead today, but then I didn't take a nap either.

4:31 75%

Well, still doing better, and I get another QUARTER DONE break. Only a few thousand more words to go and I think I know what they'll be.

5:52 90.6%

Fingers hurt. I know you know that. Only ten percent left. Thank Christ. That, I can do.

6:05 95%
Woot almost a whole hour ahead of yesterday... owie.

6:24 100.2%
Biofiction is a harsh bitch, and my arms hate me. Done for the night unless otherwise inspired.

Zokutou word meter
20,042 / 20,000
(100.2%)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Bethany said…

    I'm so glad you're writing this year! Yay!! Sounds like the progress is coming along all right. Keep on truckin'!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home